Circumcision is one kind of surgery which is very well known for its numerous benefit of preventing disease. Now a day’s circumcision is one of the most commonly sexual health issues in the medical community, and it’s also widely done in many religions.
In the past Circumcision was a religious or cultural ritual only in Islamic and Jewish families, as well as certain aboriginal tribes in Africa and Australia.Circumcision is a minor surgical procedure to remove the foreskin, the tissue covering the head of the penis. In many ancient families, it becomes a tradition for personal hygiene or preventive health care. Sometimes there’s a medical need for circumcision but in some part of Africa, circumcision is suggested for older boys or men to reduce the risk of sexually transmitted diseases and infections. Many medical study claims for circumcision is that it decreases the urinary tract infection in the first year of life.
They are some important health benefit of it for which now people of all religion do it.
- Hygienic for health.It can be difficult for a person to keep an uncircumcised penis fresh all time Circumcision makes it so simpler to wash the penis properly and make you more confidence. Washing beneath the foreskin of an uncircumcised penis is generally not so easy. However, it helps to remove the bacteria.
- Reduces urinary tract infections.The overall risk of urinary tract infections in males is common, but these infections are more common and seen in uncircumcised males. Severe infections early in life can lead to kidney problems later on.
- Decreased sexually transmitted infections.Circumcised men might have a lower risk of certain sexually transmitted infections than the uncircumcised including syphilis, herpes, chancroid and Still, safe sexual practices remain essential.
- Decrease the penile problems.Occasionally, the foreskin on an uncircumcised penis is not moisture so the germs can easily attract it than the circumcised penis. This can lead to inflammation of the foreskin or head of the penis.
- Prevention of penile cancer.However the cancer of the penis is rare, but it’s less common in circumcised men. Moreover, the cervical cancer of women is less from the circumcised men.
When can circumcision do?
Circumcision is usually performed on the first seven days after birth. Many people think that it can be riskier for premature babies. According to medical study, it is better to be done within 7 years of a child. You may do it anytime but it is easier in childhood time. Among the Jewish population, circumcision is performed on the eighth day. Anyway, the procedure becomes more complicated and riskier in older age. So if you wanted to circumcise do it in an earlier age.
How is circumcision done?
A medically done circumcision takes about 30 minutes approximately. During a circumcision, the foreskin is freed from the head of your penis. Then the excess foreskin is snipped off and a few stitches are used to close the incision. It is better and easy to be done in the beginning of childbirth. If it is done in the newborn period, the procedure takes about five to 10 minutes. Adult circumcision takes about 30-40 minutes. Generally, it is a small surgery which heals within ten to fifteen days.
Some risks of circumcision:
Although it is a small surgical procedure, there also some risks associated with circumcision. However, this risk is low and not similar in every case. Problems associated with circumcision include:
- Serious or normal Pain
- Risk of bleeding
- Risk of infection
- Irritation of the glans
- High fever
- Risk of injury to the penis
Circumcision doesn’t affect fertility, it doesn’t increase or decrease fertility.In some case for some particular person who believes that it increases sexual pleasure for men or their partners.